1. I have lost the email with my entry link
If you have lost your entry, use the reset form here to send a reminder to your email address.
Problems buying an entry
2. Can I pay by PayPal/Cheque/Cash?
We can only accept entries paid for with a credit or debit card online
3. Can I enter more than once?
Yes, you may enter as many times as you choose.
4. I have a promotional code, how can I use it?
Please first choose the type of entry you wish to make (eg, one series entry). On the next page you will be able to enter your promotional code, and after submitting that form you will see your discount applied.
5. I have a promotional code, but it doesn’t work?
Please note that most codes are time-limited. If the deadline for using your code has passed, it will not be usable.
Problems using your entry
6. I bought too many entries/ran out of time, can I get a refund?
Sorry, but all entry fees are non-refundable, as stated in the terms and conditions that you accepted on entry.
7. Can I upgrade my entry?
No unfortunately we can not upgrade your entry once a purchase has been made
1854 Access Members
8. The entry system is saying that my entry has already been claimed when I haven’t entered. What do I do?
You may have already received an email from us with your entry link. If so, submit your images through the link provided.
9. I am an 1854 Access member, why am I being asked to pay for my entries?
You will need to click on the members log in section on the submission platform, and enter your membership number in order to submit your entries.
Problems uploading images
10. Have my images uploaded correctly?
If your images have uploaded correctly you will see a small version of each photo on the entry page, alongside the caption you entered. If you cannot see your photo, then your image has not uploaded correctly. If a caption has been stored but no image, you can delete it using the Edit option.
11. I can’t upload my images – I see a green bar, it says 100%, but that’s it
Our image uploader is designed to work with all modern web browsers, but some – in particular, Internet Explorer 11 – aren’t able to use it. If you are unable to upload your images please either download a modern browser (we recommend Google Chrome), or click the link on the upload page to use our Classic Uploader instead.
12. What’s the Classic Uploader?
The Classic Uploader uploads image files in a way that’s slower, but better supported by old browsers such as Internet Explorer 11. Please note that it can accept JPEG files of up to 5MB in size only, and that you will experience a wait after clicking the Upload button.
13. Can I send my photos by email/WeTransfer/on DVD/some other way?
We can only accept images that are uploaded using our entry system. This ensures that each one is logged with your entry details, and made available to our judges.
14. I uploaded one image, and now want to go back to upload more, but the system will not let me do so – what’s wrong?
Either the competition deadline has passed, or you have previously submitted your entry to the judges. In order to do so you will have read a notice warning you, and ticked a box confirming your understanding, that doing so would prevent you from making any further changes.
Problems with titles and texts
15. There isn’t enough room for my image title, or other text
Please note that maximum lengths that apply to these texts. The length limits are noted on the form used to enter them and are given in characters (letters), not words.
Problems after uploading your entry
16. I can’t see the option to submit my entry
The Submit button appears at the top of your entry page once you have uploaded at least one image.
17. What happens when I submit my entry?
Your entry will be confirmed on a web page after submitting, and then we will send you a confirmation email, and your images (along with their captions, statements etc) are stored, ready to be viewed by the judges.
18. I have submitted my entry – can I change it?
No, once your entry has been submitted you may no longer alter it in any way.
19. Could you please check my images/text/entry?
I’m afraid this isn’t possible – our system receives thousands of images, so we can’t check individual ones. Please ensure that you are happy with your images and statement before submitting it.
20. Can you please provide an invoice for my entry?
Your entry confirmation email includes a full VAT invoice, we can not provide any other invoice request